[Foundation-l] Renaming "Flagged Protections"

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Mon May 24 08:41:29 UTC 2010

Indeed "revision" and "review" makes the impression that much more is
done than actually is. (Revision = not only a check, but also
alterations, it sounds to me.) I am afraid that is the problem with
pretty much of all the expressions that have been put in forum.

In German Wikipedia, our word "gesichtet" is a little bit strange.
"Sichten" is like spotting a rare animal in the wilderness.

Actually, the subject we should talk about is not an article or a
"revision", but the version that has been changed by an edit.

Kind regards
Ziko

2010/5/24 Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net>:

> On 24 May 2010, at 07:57, Erik Zachte wrote:
>
>> Revision Review is my favorite. It seems more neutral, also less 'heavy' in
>> connotations than Double Check.
>
>> Also Review is clearly a term for a process, unlike Revisions.
>
> The downside is that 'Review' could be linked to an editorial review, and hence people might expect to get feedback on their revision rather than a simple 'yes/no'. I'd also personally link the name more to paid reviewing than volunteer checking.
>
> Combining the two, and removing the potential bad bits (i.e. "double" and "review") how about "Checked Revisions"?
>
> Mike Peel

Ziko van Dijk
Niederlande