[Foundation-l] Legal requirements for sexual content -- help, please!

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Sat May 22 14:51:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Still Waterising <stillwaterising at gmail.com
> wrote:

> However, when that image is selected for reuse (and not in an automated
> way, but by an actual human) on an article page, user page, or off-wiki that
> person also becomes a secondary producer.

Can you point me to which case you are citing in support of this
interpretation?

> 2257B(g) simply refers to 2257(h) above, so I'm not sure why Mike even
> mentioned it.
>
> (g) As used in this section, the terms “produces” and “performer” have the
> same meaning as in section 2257<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00002257----000-.html>
>  (h)<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00002257----000-.html#h> of
> this title.

You probably meant to type "2257A(g)" there. It's relevant because the
subject matter of 2257A is not the same as that of 2257. The statutes
operate the same way, although they cover different things, so must be read
together when determining whether definitional exemptions apply.

--Mike