[Foundation-l] deployment of Vector to other languages -

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu May 20 22:23:57 UTC 2010

Speaking of which, I'd like to use this opportunity to re-express my
EXTREME dissatisfaction with the hidden-by-default interwiki links.
This almost defeats the entire purpose of interwikis - that is, to let
people know that the article exists in their language as well. If my
native language is Afrikaans, for example, it's not reasonable for me
to "assume" that every article I view in en.wp is also available in
that language, so it will always be a pleasant surprise to see a link
there. However, if it's not shown by default, I'll probably just miss
it every time. This new "feature" is potentially extremely harmful to
many non-English Wikipedias.

Mark