[Foundation-l] deployment of Vector to other languages -

Naoko Komura nkomura at wikimedia.org
Wed May 19 21:09:21 UTC 2010

Ziko van Dijk wrote:
> Hello Naoko
>
> Thank you for the explanations, by the way I find it interesting to
> read the feedback, the users' comments.
>
> Sometimes it is difficult for me to follow things because Vector has
> changed or is displayed in various projects differently.
>
> Kind regards
> Ziko

Hi, Ziko.

I agree that it is sometimes not easy to correlate the state of the beta
and the feedback as the beta evolved and it was enhanced based on the
feedback.  One thing I can recommend is to sort the feedback by date,
and read from the most recent feedback.  Some of the old feedback may
not be relevant any more as we provided the solution around it.  For
example, collapsible tabs were developed for languages with long words
such as German and Greek which expands the width and overlaps the tabs.

In principle all features are enabled universally across all project
under the beta.  We are experiencing a short window of the deviation
with the deployment on English Wikipedia which had a new search and
collapsible left navigation side bar.  But these features will be part
of the beta by next week.

Cheers,

- Naoko

--