[Foundation-l] Legal requirements for sexual content -- help, please!

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu May 20 02:31:51 UTC 2010

This seems self-contradictory. If we are exempt we're exempt. If we're
exempt we have no need to keep records. We would of course do well to
advise our users about their own responsibilities.

If we do decide to require some sort of certification--and I do not
oppose our doing so-- it raises the question that if we do it in such
a manner as to match the requirements of US law, even to the extent of
making use of a service set up specifically to meet that law's
detailed requirements, whether we would not be perhaps admitting in
advance that us law applies to us in this respect, and forfeiting our
defense that we are not a producer?

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.