[Foundation-l] The new Wikipedia logo-v2 is ugly

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sat May 15 09:44:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I read and edited the English language wikipedia this morning, I
> saw that the logo had changed. I had a strange feeling, at first not
> being sure if this was only a feeling of surprise or if there was some
> real problem with that new logo. After performing my editing tasks, I
> had a closer look at the new logo and compared it with the older one,
> and I found the following design flaws :

Hi Teofilo,

You've summarized the issues that many of us (myself included) have
found with the new logo quite well.  You're a little late to the
party, though.

Please see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipedia/2.0#Logo_revisions_need_input
for the most recent discussion, and contribute as you see fit.

Austin