[Foundation-l] Statement on appropriate educational content

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Sat May 15 06:42:44 UTC 2010

On 5/7/2010 5:30 PM, Sue Gardner wrote:
> On 7 May 2010 16:07, Kim Bruning<kim at bruning.xs4all.nl>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 12:30:18PM -0700, Michael Snow wrote:
>>
>>> announce-l still has issues. The Board of Trustees has directed me to
>>> release the following statement:
>>>
>> Just to be sure:
>> Are there no other statements that have been made by the board
>> or are being planned to be made by the board on this subject?
>>
>> sincerly,
>>         Kim Bruning
>>
> Kim, the board (and I) have been talking about this for the past
> couple of days, and we'll continue to talk about it over the next
> couple of weeks.  I think it's fairly likely there will be some kind
> of statement or statements at the end of that.  I'm expecting that
> over the next few weeks, we all will be paying attention to the
> conversations on Commons and elsewhere, including here.

Just to come back to this point, the board has had some ongoing
discussion and will be having a meeting on Tuesday, May 18. I don't know
for certain that there will be a statement following that meeting, or
whether there will be any particular outcome. I have been informed that
some resolutions will be proposed, but I can't predict whether they will
be acted upon.

Also, did anyone keep a log of the open meeting from Wednesday in the
#wikimedia IRC channel? Has that been posted anywhere for others to review?

--Michael Snow