[Foundation-l] Flagged Protection update for May 13

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri May 14 05:25:58 UTC 2010

As requested, here's the weekly Flagged Protection update.

As I mentioned last week, we are starting pre-rollout activities while
we finish up the last bits of development. Now that the successful
launch of the new enwiki UI is out of the way, we will be getting
together with Rob H. and the rest of the ops ninjas to discuss release
dates.

Also upcoming is a final pass at the terms and text, some more fiddling
with cross-browser CSS and JavaScript issues, some work with the
community to figure out the remaining details of the community side of
the trial (keep an eye on RobLa's activity there), and a call for the
nice people at the German Wikipedia to try our shiny new software with
their config and make sure we haven't broken anything for them.
(Regarding that, if some German speaker reading this would like to help
set up the test site, we could use a hand. Contact me via direct email.)

The discussion of rollout means that we think the software is, some
minor nits aside, basically ready. Want to be sure? You can test it out
here, and we'll even give you admin rights [1] to do so:

http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

To see what we've changed this week, there's a list here:

http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia:Flagged_Protection_updates#2010_May_13

To see the upcoming work, it's listed in our tracker, under Current and
Backlog:

http://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/46157

We expect to release to labs again next week, and each week thereafter
until this goes live on the English Wikipedia.

William

[1] You know that you [2] have always wanted admin rights!

[2] Except those of you who already have them. But for you, we have a
whole wiki that you can go wild on. You can even have a wheel war if you
want and we won't tell a soul.