[Foundation-l] Potential ICRA labels for Wikipedia

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:40:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM, teun spaans <teun.spaans a gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Derk-jan,
>
> As for 1), I think youtube can be compared in populairity and size with
> wikipedia, and in videos surpasses commons.
> Youtube enables its visitors to tag videos as adult.

I think there is a difference between using tags/categories like
"contains the depiction of a female breast" or "contains a portrait of
Muhammad" and "suitable for adults only" or "offensive to Islam". The
first way is an objective categorisation, and I see nothing wrong in
someone else using such categorisation to censor contents, while the
second way is too much culture dependent. Even a concept like "nudity"
strongly depends on culture, so I wouldn't use it as a categorisation.
Cruccone