[Foundation-l] It Has Begun Re: Appropriate surprise (Commons stuff)

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun May 9 12:42:16 UTC 2010

Hi, Kim.

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> En.wp has moved -and the motion seems likely to carry- that all images
> deleted by Jimmy Wales on commons be reuploaded to en.wikipedia.

That discussion was started over a day ago; now that images which were
in use elsewhere are being restored, it's a bit passe.  Reuploading
images would be a pain... as the Commons editors weighing in on that
page indicated, I don't think they have any interest in deleting any
useful images.

> In addition, they have forwarded a request to commons to hold
> ALL editing for the time being.

You mean TheDJ's request from Friday night?  He's a Commons admin
(assuming he returns), he's not "forwarding" a request from en!

> Where en.wp leads, others are sure to follow.

Thank goodness this is often not true ;)

>  <VISIONS OF DRAMA>

Actually, things seem to be settling down, and admins are returning to
Commons.  (though I'm sure you can find more drama if you look for
it.)

SJ