[Foundation-l] A Board member's perspective

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Sun May 9 08:32:45 UTC 2010

On 09.05.2010 02:04, Noein wrote:

> On 08/05/2010 20:52, Stuart West wrote:
>
>> (1) There were some bad actors at work (e.g. hardcore pornography distributors taking advantage of our open culture to get free anonymous hosting).  (2) As a community (including the Board), we debated the issue too long and failed to drive closure and implement.  (3) There are complex issues around _some_ of the content that is in a gray area and those complexities distracted us from dealing with the clearer cut cases.
>>
> In order to help us understand better the situation, can you refer
> concrete examples of 1 and a link to the discussion mentioned in 2?

I would not speak for Stuart but I can give concrete cases of "politic
propaganda" widespread in en.wikipedia and related cancellation of
content with a different point of view.

All that without any action of the community and with an evident non
neutral position of sysops.

I promise you to open another thread with all that points but I would
like to discuss that like a different problem not related with hardcore
pornography.

After that I hope to receive your feedback.

Ilario