[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Sun May 9 06:13:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 18:20, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Given that several Commons admins had dropped out, and bearing in mind the clean-up campaign called for by the board and Jimbo, I put in an RFA at Commons, saying I would help clean up pornographic images *that are not in use by any project*.
> The result so far: 14 Opposes, 1 Support.
> You get the same result if you nominate a pornographic image for deletion.
> Andreas

I can't say I'm surprised.  The ham-handed way that Jimbo started the
"cleanup", and the resulting backlash, has effectively scuttled any
real progress on reducing the amount of non-educational sexual
material on Commons.  If similar incidents elsewhere are anything to
go by, it'll be two to three years before serious discussion of the
subject will be possible.

--
Mark
[[User:Carnildo]]