[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat May 8 04:27:01 UTC 2010

Fred Bauder wrote:
> Yes, Category:Women facing left
>
> A caricature of a Catholic saint using a dildo but used on Wikipedias in
> 3 languages to illustrate the article "dildo". I'm not a student of
> Teresa of Ávila but it seems rather unlikely she did a lot of wanton
> stuff with dildos. Not that there would be anything wrong if she had, but
> we don't illustrate the articles of any number of women who might have
> used a dildo at some point in their lives in this way.
>
> In a word, the image is made up and quite offensive.

It does present an interesting theoretical question though;
Saint Teresa did practise body mortification quite
enthusiastically.

Would it be okay to portray a religious person flagellating
themself on commons, considering that it isn't sexualized,
and apparently on the other hand, the strictest part of
Jimbos new "order of the day" seems to relate to BDSM
depictions on commons?

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen