[Foundation-l] MMORPG and Wikimedia

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu May 6 23:42:57 UTC 2010

I think the MMOEnvironment (not really a role-playing game in this
context, is it?) is an interesting forum for experimentation, but
non-game uses are still completely undeveloped. It's ripe for an
entrepreneur, but I'm not sure what the WMF could do with such an
environment. How would a vast knowledgebase be visually represented in
a navigable world? What advantages would that offer? Given the
comparatively high costs of maintaining this sort of effort, and the
unknown potential, I can't see the WMF moving into MMOEs soon. I'd be
interested to sign-up with any organization that makes the attempt,
though.

Nathan