[Foundation-l] Swedish Wikipedians removes Wikimedia logos

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:29:41 UTC 2010

On 31 March 2010 04:28, Erik Moeller <erik na wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I'll note that the licensing policy passed by the Wikimedia Foundation
> Board of Trustees (
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy )
> specifically permits project communities to develop exemptions, with
> logos being listed as an example.

So are you saying that a Wikipedia community is allowed to develop an
EDP saying that _logos_ received from 3rd party owners under, say,
CC-BY-ND [and possibly even -NC, but let's not get to the problems
with that] are acceptable? I was told that this is not correct and the
resolution allows only for EDP recognizing copyright limitations
existing in national copyright laws (even though I do not see this in
the resolution text).

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]