[Foundation-l] Fwd: Pt-Portuguese Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:50:46 UTC 2010

On 22 March 2010 19:01, Virgilio A. P. Machado <vam at fct.unl.pt> wrote:
> Perhaps the reason the issue keeps popping up is
> that, although it has been extensively
> «discussed», it has not been properly addressed, much less solved.

I think the reason it has never been addressed is that nobody outside
the Portuguese community can see a problem. It all seems to be a lot
of fuss about nothing. That means the wider Wikimedia community will
never accept a two-wiki solution and the most obvious one-wiki
solution is the one used by the English Wikipedia, namely: stop
complaining and just write encyclopaedia articles. We're not going to
indulge a community engaged in a childish argument about nothing.