[Foundation-l] Fwd: Pt-Portuguese Wikipedia

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:58:36 UTC 2010

If I understand the page in the ptWP correctly, they do not have the
equivalent of the enWP rule that topics special to the UK, such as the
article on London,  are writing in the UK version of English, and
those special to the US, like the article on New York City , are
written in the American version of English (and analogously for
Australian, Canadian, etc.). They do have the rule that if an article
is started in one version it must be continued in that version--which
in the enWP is supposed to be applied only to topics not special to
one or another national version.

Have they considered it? It certainly simplifies things in the enWP,
at least for those who can easily switch between the forms.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.