[Foundation-l] Fwd: Pt-Portuguese Wikipedia

Sir Lestaty de Lioncourt wikimedia.lestaty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:20:47 UTC 2010

Hello Milos,

The languages pt-pt and pt-br, they do not have a significant difference
(pt-pt in general have a C in the words and pt-br no, among other things not
very important).

The Portuguese Wikipedia have many internal problems and this is the reality
for people always request a new wiki (See on MetaWiki, we have a lot of
requests for a new Portuguese Wikipedia.).

A many time ago the language difference really was problem, now this is not
more a problem. (See: <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Language_Orthographic_Agreement_of_1990>).

I think the best option is the people from Portuguese Wikipedia make a
resolution of your problems, but a new wiki dont is a solution for this.

Tonight I talked with people of both countries, and they do not agree with
the separation, perhaps this is a wish of a single person.

Best regards
Lestaty de Lioncourt