[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 16:42:51 UTC 2010

On 17 March 2010 14:46, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> basically, jimbo is using his power muscle outside english wikipedia and
> he's not getting the support he usually has. Therefore, he pokes at the
> board. That's my personal reading

Well, he doesn't get much support when he does that kind of thing on
the English Wikipedia these days. He has realised that and now doesn't
do them - he's even made an undertaking not to use his block button.
So, if the Wikiversity community (and not just a vocal minority of it
- I haven't investigated the situation, although I am aware of it due
to watching Jimmy's enwiki user talk page, so I don't know which it
is) wants Jimmy to stop using admin powers there, they shouldn't have
any difficulty achieving that. If Jimmy wishes to discuss the matter
with the WMF board he can definitely do that and, if a majority of the
board agrees with him, they can take action, but Jimmy has no power to
act unilaterally if a community doesn't want him to.