[Foundation-l] Changes in Language committee practice: ancient and constructed languages

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:26:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 March 2010 19:12, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>> For minor languages sustainable activity is often the very good work of
>> one extremely dedicated individual with no-one else making any
>> significant contribution.
>
> I thought the definition of "sustainable activity" included at least
> five reasonably active participants. Or am I thinking of something
> else?

If it is about a language of population which has 1000 persons on
Internet (because there there are just 1000 speakers of that language
in a highly developed area or because they belong to 0.01% of
population which has internet access in highly undeveloped area), it
would be really unfair not to give a project to one or two highly
devoted persons. But, it is usually about Wikipedia.