[Foundation-l] Internet nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 18:54:55 UTC 2010

Brian J Mingus wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net>wrote:
>
>> Brian J Mingus wrote:

>>> Yes, hardly anything is relevant for discussion on this list anymore. It
>>> happens either on internal WMF mailing lists or IRL.
>>>
>> It's not that those discussions wouldn't be relevant to have on this
>> list, and periodically people try and encourage others to move them to a
>> more public setting. It's that when this list continues to show a
>> tendency for conversation to degenerate, as it just did, then it's quite
>> hard to persuade people that they should want to have their discussions
>> here.
>>
>> --Michael Snow
>>
> You believe that my reply to Tim is degenerate? That is offensive.

Don't imagine for yourself things that I didn't say, and try to not take
it so personally. We mostly need to improve our discussion overall, not
remove an individual posting or poster. That's what I mean by
degenerating. As I indicated earlier, in this case the seeds were sown
in the choice of the subject to begin with. I happened to reply to your
message because it was the most recent when I wrote. It could just as
easily have been Marc's or Tim's.

--Michael Snow