[Foundation-l] FlaggedRevisions status (March 2010)

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Thu Mar 4 21:11:52 UTC 2010

On 03/04/2010 10:57 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
> Purely as a point of fact it is simply inaccurate that the
> 20 implementations of flagged revs and patrolled edits
> across the other wikies than English Wikipedia are
> monolithically identical. I know this firsthand.

Sorry if I gave that impression. Indeed, I have direct evidence
otherwise. When I run low on things to worry about, I pull up the
spreadsheet I built showing the wide config variations in uses of
FlaggedRevs. Not that it's worrying on its own; it's nice to see people
using it and adapting it locally. It just means that potential bugs are
harder to spot.

All I was trying to say is that the requested approach for the English
Wikipedia, called Flagged Protection,  differs from the existing uses.

For those unfamiliar, Flagged Protection is described here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions

William