[Foundation-l] �lliam Pietri: Where is FlaggedRevisions?

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:32:13 UTC 2010

The English Wikipedia isn't asking for a total rewrite of the extension.
FlaggedRevs was always (at least since it was first deployed) highly
customizable. I believe the "Flagged Protection" feature was able to be
implemented, or very close to it, at the time the proposal was
finalized. Supposedly the changes being made now are mostly UI and
workflow changes to make it easier to use or something like that. (Why
this wasn't done before it was deployed on dewiki or anywhere else, I
don't know)

Its not like enwiki deciding to use FlaggedRevs was a total surprise.
Erik had always assumed that enwiki would get it eventually, why did the
foundation wait until 6 months /after/ enwiki requested it to hire
people to work on this?

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)