[Foundation-l] �lliam Pietri: Where is FlaggedRevisions?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:58:14 UTC 2010

Hoi,
One of the things developers are not necessarily good at is communication as
in keeping everyone up to date. With the many channels secret and not so
secret. With the ferocity that many say typify the mailing lists, it is no
wonder that we hear few if any updates.

In my opinion the reason why the English language Wikipedia does not have
Flagged Revisions already is because they did not want the fully functional
Flagged Revisions that is used for some years now on the German language
Wikipedia. Wanting something different is its prerogative but it does not
follow that it is easy or quick. Remember the 80/20 rule and remember that
the special wishes makes the software more complicated.

The English language Wikipedia is also spoiled because it gets the things
programmed. When you consider that many of the issues with RTL languages and
font issues like with the Malayalam language get hardly the attention they
require, it is rather obvious that tantrums prevent information becoming
available on the public mailinglists.
Thanks,
      GerardM