[Foundation-l] William Pietri: Where is FlaggedRevisions?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Mar 1 07:22:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:23 AM, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:

> On 02/28/2010 09:36 PM, Mike.lifeguard wrote:
> > On 37-01--10 03:59 PM, William Pietri wrote:
> >
> >> I've reported when I thought I had something to report
> >>
> > I think the problem here is that you haven't reported any
> > accomplishments because there haven't been any.
> >

> We've got some stuff that is probably done. But we can't actually show
> it, and we can't prove that it's done, so yes, giving people a progress
> report saying "things are probably better now but you can't see" didn't
> seem so helpful.

"Going hand in hand with iterative design is evolutionary delivery. Twenty
years ago, the norm was for projects to take years to deliver useful
software; now, that’s unthinkable. In evolutionary delivery, we schedule
many short revision cycles; as often as every couple of weeks, you get a new
version to use, test, and critique. And at the beginning of every cycle, you
have the opportunity to set your priorities for the next version. This lets
you start using the high-priority features right away, and makes sure that
your software meets your needs. As an added bonus, you are never left
wondering, "What are those guys doing?" When you see concrete results on a
regular basis, there’s no mystery."

http://www.scissor.com/aboutus.htm#philosophy