[Foundation-l] Your abuse of moderator status

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:58:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Peter Gervai <grinapo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 17:50, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure whether I am though. This message plus the discussion
>> that was the base of it has cost me 50 Euros in things I broke
>> throwing them through my room, plus a severe loss of feeling of
>> self-worth. I don't think that's worth it.
>
> By the way I'm sure there are several of us who agree in Jefrrey being
> very much off limits, offending, and doing it at the wrong place,
> which is usually shortened as "being a troll".
>
> Wikipedia, wikimedia and the people around here are working with,
> based on and most definitely agree with open content and other free
> licenses, the whole project lives of and based on them, so starting a
> propaganda against it _HERE_ is definitely a very unwise and offending
> move. Without much thinking it's obvious that it will generate strong
> emotions, harsh attacks, and lots of ad hominem debates, and nothing,
> really nothing good will be created as a result.
>
> Not accepting the fact that people who create open content are going
> to fight against businesses who try to destroy open content is a
> clueless thing to do. Debating it is similarly clueless act. You do
> not start debate someone's existence with him.
>
> I (among others) strongly agree in Jeffrey being moderated until he
> realise that his propaganda really does not belong here. It is against
> almost everybody's world view around here, and offending a whole
> community with reasons we consider at best baseless is extremely
> counterproductive.
>

> And, as a sidenote, we're not pirates, robbers, murderers or rapers.
> [And other artifically emotion-filled buzzwords supporting the
> closed-content based businesses, pick your favourite.] We _create_
> open content. We _create_ copyrighted materials (and license them for
> free). Jeffrey, among others, is using our products, our content. That
> is what Creative Commons is about. To protect our interests, business
> or other. And who are you, or anyone, to attack our interests based on
> our own content...?
>
> And as a different sidenote: if you hate it, stop using it. Try to
> live your life without using open source, open content. Go on. First,
> stop using this list, because it is run on open source software,
> running on open source servers. Then you may well unplug your internet
> connection, since good chance is that you connect to one of such
> servers. You mostly better stop using the web, since the servers are
> open source by large. Stop email. You may even have to avoid some
> mobile phones, Tv set top boxes, DVD players, music players, and so
> on. Oh and avoid Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia content, and mostly
> all wikis. Fortuinately you can eat and drink and breath. But avoid
> computers since they'll surely pollute your business-based pureness
> with open content filth. *smirk*

I first checked is he a board member of WM AU. Fortunately, he is not.

I am agreed with everything, except that there are some of us who
politically support free usage of copyrighted material. And I didn't
know that Lessig supports it. Thanks to Ottava, I am positively
changing my position toward Lessig.