[Foundation-l] Your abuse of moderator status

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:41:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 17:50, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure whether I am though. This message plus the discussion
> that was the base of it has cost me 50 Euros in things I broke
> throwing them through my room, plus a severe loss of feeling of
> self-worth. I don't think that's worth it.

By the way I'm sure there are several of us who agree in Jefrrey being
very much off limits, offending, and doing it at the wrong place,
which is usually shortened as "being a troll".

Wikipedia, wikimedia and the people around here are working with,
based on and most definitely agree with open content and other free
licenses, the whole project lives of and based on them, so starting a
propaganda against it _HERE_ is definitely a very unwise and offending
move. Without much thinking it's obvious that it will generate strong
emotions, harsh attacks, and lots of ad hominem debates, and nothing,
really nothing good will be created as a result.

Not accepting the fact that people who create open content are going
to fight against businesses who try to destroy open content is a
clueless thing to do. Debating it is similarly clueless act. You do
not start debate someone's existence with him.

I (among others) strongly agree in Jeffrey being moderated until he
realise that his propaganda really does not belong here. It is against
almost everybody's world view around here, and offending a whole
community with reasons we consider at best baseless is extremely
counterproductive.

And, as a sidenote, we're not pirates, robbers, murderers or rapers.
[And other artifically emotion-filled buzzwords supporting the
closed-content based businesses, pick your favourite.] We _create_
open content. We _create_ copyrighted materials (and license them for
free). Jeffrey, among others, is using our products, our content. That
is what Creative Commons is about. To protect our interests, business
or other. And who are you, or anyone, to attack our interests based on
our own content...?

And as a different sidenote: if you hate it, stop using it. Try to
live your life without using open source, open content. Go on. First,
stop using this list, because it is run on open source software,
running on open source servers. Then you may well unplug your internet
connection, since good chance is that you connect to one of such
servers. You mostly better stop using the web, since the servers are
open source by large. Stop email. You may even have to avoid some
mobile phones, Tv set top boxes, DVD players, music players, and so
on. Oh and avoid Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia content, and mostly
all wikis. Fortuinately you can eat and drink and breath. But avoid
computers since they'll surely pollute your business-based pureness
with open content filth. *smirk*

--
 byte-byte,
    grin