[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 23:18:52 UTC 2010

In a message dated 6/25/2010 3:55:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu writes:

> Do I have to request your termination for abuse of this list? >>

Why do I envision the Red Queen and the White Queen when I read that
remark?

David Gerard cut off your own head!  Do it immediately!

But on a lighter note.
Whether or not the owner/author/creator/inventor of CC advocates piracy or
doesn't, is not material at all to what the *contributors* to CC are
actually doing.

As far as "music lyrics", since when can you actually buy the lyrics to any
piece of music, anywhere, ever, at any time, whatsover?

You BUY sheet music, or a song book, or a performance.
I've never, in my entire life, seen "lyrics" for sale by themself.
So please provide a place where they are. Otherwise you cannot protect the
profit from something from which there is no profit and was never intended
to be.

Next caller!

Will "the slammer" Johnson