[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

Jeffrey Peters 17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Fri Jun 25 23:15:00 UTC 2010

Dear Michael,

I find it problematic that you suggest that yourself or the Foundation would
speak out against this, when the law in question is about terminating the
access to those who have been caught pirating material in violation of set
copyright multiple times.

This is problematic because Wikipedia has a huge plagiarism and copyvio
problem that is caused by the same people that would come under conflict
above.

This clearly would not affect those who freely license their own material,
which is what Wikipedia and the WMF is about. I've donated thousands of
hours and hundreds of megs of my own material and my own effort. I find it a
slap in the face that you would then make such statements.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Peters
aka Ottava Rima