[Foundation-l] English language dominationism is striking again

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:16:13 UTC 2010

In addition, I have a feeling that article overstates the English
abilities of the average non-native internet user. Yes, lots of people
have a very (very!) basic command of English, but that is not the same
as functional bilingualism. A user may happen to know the name for a
horse, but what are the chances a casual user from Peru knows the name
for an anteater, a giraffe or a jellyfish?