[Foundation-l] Encouraging participation

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 21:36:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Noein <pronoein at gmail.com> wrote:

> If we cede to censorship, can we regain our loss of independance? If we
> invite frivolous minds, can we educate them? If we give privileges to
> experts, can we teach them to rescind them later?

I think if we've learned anything, it is our ability to right the ship.  At
one point I thought of Wikimedia as a pontoon, with a motor.  At this point,
it is a catamaran, with a sail hanging high.  In the long run we'll reach
shore, until then we're sailing in any direction.  Which is fine, because
for some reason it works.  When we wind up at a strange island, we'll figure
out the language.  Magellan taught us that :)

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan