[Foundation-l] Floating a notion: permanent Wikimania committee?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 19:36:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 00:00:27 -0700, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net>
>> wrote:
>>> --Michael Snow
>>
>> I'm interested in this case specifically of course, but I also am
>> wondering more generally what the current state of affairs is for
>> forming any sort of operational, community-driven committee. Of course
>> we're good at forming wikiprojects to do things that need doing, but
>> for areas that also require overlap with things that the office works
>> on, it seems tricky.
>
> Well, I would start with approaching the past organizers asking how they
> got their teams and who actually in the end did their job properly (and who
> did not).
>
> You would like to have people actually doing smth, not just talking,
> right?
>
> Cheers
> Yaroslav

Something... even if that something is mostly just being a
reporting/communication facilitator, I think. I don't imagine a
committee or group that would actually organize the conference; that
should be the job of the local team.

For those following along at home, this conversation seems to have
migrated to wikimania-l, where it probably belongs:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimania-l/2010-June/001922.html

-- phoebe

<at> gmail.com *