[Wikimania-l] [Foundation-l] Floating a notion: permanent Wikimania committee?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 00:35:21 UTC 2010

OK, so I guess my question is (and we talked about this on IRC too) --
who has the power or the ability -- or who *should*, in a perfect
world -- create such a committee? We don't have much precedent for
this. There were concerns over who or what body can create
governance/oversight structures, particularly if this isn't really
just a Foundation issue.

I totally agree that part of such a body's role could be to help
coordinate between the permanent staff whose work might touch on
Wikimania, and the rotating local organization team.

-- phoebe