[Foundation-l] Strategic Planning Office Hours

Eugene Eric Kim eekim at blueoxen.com
Mon Jun 7 19:06:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Lodewijk <lodewijk at effeietsanders.org> wrote:
> thanks for the explanation, I think the whole banning was quite justified.
> But besides that, as I also asked in an earlier email, I can understand
> geniice's feeling that it is unclear what the topics are (which can be
> solved by an agenda as he suggests or a description of what tend to be the
> topics nowadays as I asked). Could you perhaps make it more insightful?

Realized I never responded to this; sorry about the late response.

As I said before, office hours are meant to be open-ended gatherings,
explicit time where people should feel comfortable asking questions
and meeting people in a more informal setting. I usually have a few
things in mind that I bring up during office hours, but I don't impose
those topics. I've often been surprised at the direction of the
conversations, and I've almost always walked away feeling better
informed. Moreover, I've found it a great way to bolster
relationships, and I've noticed a lot of constructive activity happens
on strategy wiki after these office hours.

Sometimes, IRC meetings are called with more explicit intentions; in
those cases, agendas are usually posted beforehand.

=Eugene