[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a Bad Idea, part 2

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 21:10:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> In short, there is little reason for a sophisticated user to complain
> about this for their own benefit.
>
> I think the people here are speaking up for the sake of the readers,
> and for the sake of preserving the best of the existing design
> principles used on the site.  I know I am.

I don't mean to detract from Greg's truly excellent e-mail by replying
to just part of it, but I know that this is the case for me—I still
use the Classic theme, restyled with my own CSS and Javascript, and
all of the interwiki links are right where they were before.  Vector
doesn't affect me personally, but I see its impact on people around me
all day.

For the love of all that is virtuous, please at least read everything
this man says.

Austin