[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a Bad Idea, part 2

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 20:49:29 UTC 2010

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> I was alarmed when I heard the click rates: 1%.  That's an enormous
> number of clicks, considerably higher than I expected with the large
> number of things available for folks to click on.  To hear that it
> went down considerably with Vector—well, if nothing else, it is a
> possible objective indication that the change has reduced the
> usability of the site.

To clarify, no current statistics have been released.  The "0.28%"
figure refers to use of Vector before the official roll-out (when the
interwiki links became collapsed by default, if I'm not mistaken).
The disparity is attributable to the fact that most Vector users were
participants in an opt-in, English-language beta test.

For the record, I agree with everything else that you wrote.

David Levy