[Foundation-l] Contractors and other non-permanent staff

Daniel Phelps dphelps at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 2 18:45:29 UTC 2010

Thanks MZMcBride for your note -- I absolutely sympathize with anyone who's trying to keep up to speed on everything going on at Wikimedia. We're all trying to strike a good balance in terms of what's useful, relevant, interesting, and I hope we are generally getting it fairly close to correct.

As a general rule we only announce new staff and those contractors who are expected to interact significantly with the community.  We don't announce all PT and short-term people, because we don't think it makes sense to do that.

Whenever anyone has a question that is not answered by a general announcement there are many options available for interaction with folks like Philippe and Cary and Guillaume etc. on IRC and by e-mail, and you should feel free to ask questions whenever you like.  If someone doesn't have direct access to other staff I can always be contacted directly if there is a question about personnel.

Best,
-Daniel Phelps
Human Resources