[Foundation-l] Contractors and other non-permanent staff

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Wed Jun 2 00:26:15 UTC 2010

Hi --

I just noticed a wikimedia.org e-mail address that I didn't recognize; I
assume it belongs to a new contractor. It reminded me that the announcement
process for contractors (and other non-permanent staff) is still
non-existent.

The last time I asked about this, I was told that I should be picking up
clues from the way people sign blog posts and gathering other pieces of
information (like e-mail address changes) in order to figure out who's
working on what. I don't think this is acceptable.

Is it possible to have some sort of standardized announcement process and
tracking system of Wikimedia's contractors? They're not tracked at the
Wikimedia Foundation's Staff page[1] and I don't know of any public place
where they're announced. Specifically, it would be nice to know who's been
hired, what they're working on, etc.

It's possible that there are announcements being made and I've simply been
missing them, but that would be surprising to me and would indicate a
problem of a different nature.

Thanks.

MZMcBride

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Staff