No subject

Tue Jul 6 00:35:29 UTC 2010

ethical standards, and international norms"

Later down, there is a section:

"Crises and their consequences

Often it takes a crisis to precipitate attention to CSR."

That is nicely illustrated by how the Siegenthaler libel resulted in our
development of the Biographies of living persons policy. This is a
recurrent pattern: a scandal or row of some sort results in us developing
policies and practices which avoid or ameliorate the problem.

But we don't need to wait for crises; we can proactively address social,
environmental, and responsibility issues before they arise. Any
suggestions?

Fred Bauder