[Foundation-l] Is Google translation is good for Wikipedias?

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:29:02 UTC 2010

> What struck me were the phrases "very bad sentence structures" and
> "bad jargon translations". Aren't we talking about professional
> translators here, people who do this for a living?

That is an interesting question, I don't have an answer for it. Maybe
because GTTK  already 'proposes' a sentence structure they try to work
within that instead of deleting the whole paragraph (which is often what is
needed) and rewriting it. Same for jargon and terminology, since they are
not subject matter experts, I am assuming they just accepted GTTK's
suggestion.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia