[Foundation-l] Is Google translation is good for Wikipedias?

Przykuta przykuta at o2.pl
Sun Jul 25 10:49:02 UTC 2010

> I've seen several requests, both on meta and on language projects,  to
> delete this kind of bad quality "translation" which people think
> better to scratch a new version.

Uhm. In pl wiki google translate is evil. Translations by google translate are deleted (not speedy). Users who use google translate for mass production of articles are blocked.

So, it's generaly problem with copy (articles, ideas etc.) from en wiki (most popular):

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Enwikizm

"Not all things in en wiki are good. Just don't copy thoughtlessly."

przykuta