[Foundation-l] RecentChangesCamp, Canberra

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 20:49:23 UTC 2010

Hello Laura!  This sounds great; I wish I could be there, and am sure
you will have an amazing time.  (I'm helping with an upcoming RCC in
Boston, so I'll get to enjoy another one soon).

If you haven't already, you can post a geositenotice about the event
on Wikipedia to alert people near Canberra.

SJ

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Laura Hale <laura at fanhistory.com> wrote:
> *RecentChangesCamp* is an
> open<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology>
> conference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference> on online
> collaborative practices centered around
> wikis<http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wiki>.
> RCC follows an open space<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology>
> unconference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference> model. The main
> characteristics are that it is free to attend and self-organized by having a
> program determined on the day by attendees, with the aid of a facilitator.
> The aim of this event is to draw together interested people regardless of
> level of use of wiki and online collaborative spaces, to discuss, question
> and share knowledge in a friendly face to face setting.
>
> For catering and information purposes, please
> register<http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/University_of_Canberra/RCC_Canberra/Registration>your
> interest in this event.
>
>   - Recent Changes Camp
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_Changes_Camp>Canberra
>   - 10am - 5pm, Wednesday 11 August. 2010
>   - University of Canberra, Building 7, Level C, Room 7XC37
>   - Contact Leighblackall<http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Leighblackall>0404561009
>   - Tags: #RCC and #UCRCC
>

> We would love to see some people connected with the WMF attend.  We've had
> good support from WMF at US/Canada held versions of it in the the past.
> We'd also love to see regular contributors to Wikipedia and wikiNews attend.
> :)
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura Hale
> http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/University_of_Canberra/RCC_Canberra

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj