[Foundation-l] Boycott in ace at wiki

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:50:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Austin Hair <adhair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree completely with Gerard, and also want to ask that we extend
> the same standard to this discussion on the mailing list.
>
> We can look at this issue and say "stupid fundamentalists," but that's
> hardly productive, and very quickly devolves into a thread with posts
> that are, at best, pretty darn rude.  I really don't want to have to
> moderate five people this weekend when it finally gets to the point of
> outright Muslim-bashing.
>
> Austin

Have a little faith. I don't think anything like outright
Muslim-bashing has ever happened on this list by regular participants.
Suggestions of closing the Aceh Wikipedia are obviously premature and
not helpful; discussing whether the rule violates NPOV, and alerting
others to facts about the situation, seems fine. It looks like the
administrators involved on ace.wp speak English and other languages,
anyone inclined to do so should feel welcome to approach them.

It's worth noting the template does not currently appear on the Main
Page, and there is something of a discussion about it here:
http://ace.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marit_Ureu%C3%ABng_Nguy:Hercule#Wikipedia_and_Islam

Nathan