[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to FoundationWebsite

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 15 22:35:48 UTC 2010

Hiya -

I asked Danese, who is currently buried under about 20 pounds of stuff
after coming back from Wikimania, to further describe the stakeholder
database.  Her response is:

Sue has a vision for a single master database that tracks our
interactions with movement participants.  It is intended to help us
better respond to requests from individuals by joining all the info we
have from prior interactions with that person.  This will be
particularly important as we grow the staff, because current
onboarding time requires long "buddy system" pairings with existing
staff to teach how to best interact.  So for instance, if you have had
a Wikipedia account since 2005, have made enough edits to become, say,
an Admin, have uploaded 100 images to Commons, have been a donor every
year and have responded helpfully to many OTRS requests, there should
be a quick way for a new staffer to learn those facts.  All of this
information is available to the staff now, just not in an aggregated
place.

Danese