[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to FoundationWebsite

Excirial wp.excirial at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 19:41:03 UTC 2010

I have gone trough the report, and immediately noted the extremely strong
growth of the foundation in terms of personal (Nearly doubling the amount
two years in a row). Generally i am not a fan of such fast growth as it
often leads to bloating; but seeing the the rest of the plan looks fine i
presume i am just viewing things to black and white.

One particular detail in the "Top Spending Increases, continued" section
raised some question marks for me though. There is a 2.6 million dollar
increase in the "Other tech staffing and stakeholder database" category. I
can understand the 10 new tech position and the annualization of existing
tech salaries paid by this increase, but what role will the stakeholder
database have? The description, "development of a database to track
relationships with all stakeholders including readers, editors, donors,
other volunteers, etc." is rather vague and includes no real indication as
to its purpose. What exactly will it track, and what will the information be
used for? Since there are so many editors on-wiki i doubt that this will be
used as a full-fledged CRM (customer relationship management) system used to
track literally everything. All i can imagine is that it could track top
level community issues such as flagged revisions or OTRS complains.

Anyone who has some more information on this system? I'm quite interested to
be honest.

Kind regards,
~Excirial