[Foundation-l] Money, politics and corruption

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 15:58:57 UTC 2010

On 14 July 2010 16:26, oliver keyes <thedarkthird at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree with Tom that there isn't really much to discuss, although I support the idea of having chapters copy the foundation in to any legally required audits or yearly reports. Tom, you're more intimately involved; what is the situation with chapters and their responsibilities to the foundation at the moment?

The UK's chapter agreement (different chapters have slightly different
agreements, and I believe WMDE doesn't have an agreement at all and
just operates under tradition and convention) includes the clauses:

"1. The Chapter shall supply a written activity and financial report
in English at least once a year to the Foundation, within four months
of each Chapter year-end.
 2. The Foundation shall supply a written activity and financial
report from the Foundation Board in English to the Chapter within four
months of each Foundation year-end."

I'm not sure how good chapters are at actually sending those reports.
I know the UK isn't as good as it ought to be with activity reports.
The UK has only just finished its first financial year and is in the
process of sorting out the report, which will be send to the
Foundation when it is ready.