[Foundation-l] Self-determination of language versions in questions of skin?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Sun Jul 4 20:20:16 UTC 2010

On 07/04/2010 11:06 AM, David Gerard wrote:
> So I hereby admit to being wrong both
> in what I asked and how I asked  it, and beg your forgiveness. And I
> bet you don't see people do that much on the Internet ;-)

No, which makes it especially worth appreciating, on three levels.
First, is says something good about the person. Second, it can really
move a discussion along. And third, it serves as an example for future
discussions, like begetting like. So thanks!

Regarding the last point, I don't have time to run it, but I'm glad to
endow the first year of the David Gerard Apology of the Month Prize.
(Mensch of the month? WP:COOL of the month? I'm open to better names.)
I'm thinking a Wikipedia globe t-shirt sent to the community member who
most clearly demonstrates an excess of reasonableness in a difficult
community discussion. If anybody wants to wrangle that, just let me know
each month's winner and CafePress shirt choice.

William