[Foundation-l] Wikipedia in off line in Zambia with Okawix

pmartin at linterweb.com pmartin at linterweb.com
Wed Jan 20 13:59:34 UTC 2010

What is the version of Kiwix are you install, does it the version with
the downloader composant ?

http://kiwix.org/index.php/Main_Page/archives/en

"Linterweb has stopped
his collaboration with Kiwix. As Linterweb did not publish the 0.7 [1]
source code, this version will not be recognized as a standard Kiwix
release and will neither be supported. If you want more information
concerning 0.7 [2] and the _live corpus_, please contact Linterweb."

It s
just because it s probably our last version of Kiwix ( V 0.7 ) that you
install.

>I want to congratulate you on your work.

>I share your
emotion. In the state of Nueva Esparta Venezuela kiwix we have
>installed
in 53 schools only in 2009. I think the work should go beyond
>wikimedia,
wikimedia's work should bring knowledge to those most in need. It
>is not
enough to have the information online, we activists we dirtied with
>mud to
the knees, we do long walks with a goal that is immensely rewarding.
>invite everyone to do the same.

>I believe and I'm sure would be nice
to forget the business problem for a
>moment, we join personal effort
rather than money alone.

>We must remember that poverty is a cultural
issue, poverty is not an
>economic problem. The economic problem is the
result of a cultural problem.

www.kiwix.org [3]

Links:
------