[Foundation-l] video presentation on explicit images on WMF projects

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:00:58 UTC 2010

I'm more raising the issue that what could be child pornography remains
available to wmf volunteers with 'oversight' op.s on commons - I don't think
the foundation should facilitate that, and I hope a decent enough system can
be quickly implemented (it's also quite possible that there is in fact a
system in place, but it's unknown to me!) for the depressingly inevitable
'next time'
I'd probably go a step further and say that sub-optimal / insufficient
systems for dealing with predictable problems indicate a general lack of
responsible governance in this area (ie. I'm sadly not surprised that this
issue occurs in this way) - but mileage inevitably varies...
I'm hopeful of hearing of a strong resolution to this one imminently.