[Foundation-l] WikiMobile - use of Wikipedia name in commerce

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:22:23 UTC 2010

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I am curious to learn
whether Bonfire Media paid any sort of licensing fee to the Wikimedia
Foundation in order to use the Wikipedia brand name in commerce on its
WikiMobile app?

I do know that Bonfire founder, Alex Poon, donated $1,111 to the
Wikimedia Foundation in 2008, but that can't be construed as a
licensing deal, I'm sure.

http://www.mywikibiz.com/Directory:Wikimedia_Foundation/Grand_Donors

I look forward to any info anyone might be able to provide.

Gregory Kohs